Terms and Conditions
Last Modified: April 14, 2023
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By accessing or this site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions described herein and all terms incorporated by reference. If you do not agree to all of these terms, please do not use this website.
These Terms of Service and Use (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the Bucky for Sheriff Website (“Website”).
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will update the date at the top of these Terms. Unless stated otherwise, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of the Website after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, please do not use this Website.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Website, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is governed and controlled by the statutes and ordinances of the State of New Jersey. Any use of the website shall conform with all city, state and federal laws, rules and regulations. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or alter information on this website are strictly prohibited.
You agree that you will not use this site for any unlawful activity or in any way that would violate the above terms.
Public Disclosure/Open Public Records Act (OPRA)
Email correspondence may become public record, and as a public record, your correspondence could be disclosed to other parties upon their request, in accordance with the New Jersey Open Public Records Act, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1.1 et seq.
Reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for public information and does not constitute endorsement by Bucky for Sheriff.
Links to other Sites
This website may provide links to other websites, the content, graphics, advertising and materials of which Bucky for Sheriff has no control and bears no responsibility. Please read the privacy statements on those websites as their policies may be differ. Note: An external link is not an endorsement by Bucky for Sheriff.
- Privacy For information about how we collect, use, share and otherwise process information about you, please see above.
- Consent to Use of Data and Mobile Communication; SMS Program Terms You consent to our communicating with you about the Website, the Campaign and/or its activities by email or other electronic means.
- Prohibited Conduct and Content You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right or other third-party right in connection with using our Website. You are responsible for your conduct while using our Website and will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Sell, resell or commercially use the Website;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of the Website, except as expressly permitted by us in writing;
- Make any derivative works based upon the Website;
- Use the Website other than for its intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt or damage the functioning of the Website in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of the Website;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from the Website;
- Use the Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose
- Ownership The Website and all of its content (including but not limited to text, graphics, photos, illustrations), are owned by Bucky for Sheriff or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Website are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Website for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any use of the Website other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
- Feedback You may voluntarily post, submit or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, or other information about Bucky for Sheriff or our Website (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including, without limitation, to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback in Bucky for Sheriff’s sole discretion. You understand that Bucky for Sheriff may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
- Indemnification To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bucky for Sheriff and its independent contractors, service providers, and consultants, successor organizations, and partner organizations, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your User Content or Feedback; (b) your violation of these Terms; (c) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (d) your misconduct in connection with the Website. You agree to promptly notify Indemnified Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Indemnified Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees. You also agree that the Indemnified Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at the Indemnified Party’s sole option, of any third-party Claims.
- Disclaimers Your use of our Website is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us, our Website and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Bucky for Sheriff does not represent or warrant that our Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Bucky for Sheriff attempts to make your use of our Website safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Website or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Website.
- Limitation of Liability To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Bucky for Sheriff and its contractors, service providers, consultants, successor organizations, and partner organizations, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees (collectively the “Parties to Bucky for Sheriff”), will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Governing Law and Venue Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Website will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties will be resolved in the state or federal courts of New Jersey and the United States, respectively, sitting in New Jersey.
- Modifying and Terminating our Website We reserve the right to modify the Website or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of the Website at any time. You also have the right to stop using the Website at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use the Website.
- Severability If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Miscellaneous The failure of Bucky for Sheriff to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.